United States Code
§ 300e. Requirements of health maintenance organizations.
TITLE 42 - PUBLIC HEALTH
SUBCHAPTER XI - HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS
§ 300e-1. Definitions.
§ 300e-2, 300e-3. Repealed.
§ 300e-4. Loans and loan guarantees for initial operation costs.
- (a) Authority.
- (b) Limitations.
- (c) Source of loan funds.
- (d) Time limit on loans and loan guarantees.
- (e) Repealed.
- (f) Medically underserved populations.
§ 300e-4a. Repealed.
§ 300e-5. Application requirements.
- (a) Submission to and approval by Secretary required for making loans and loan guarantees.
- (b) Application contents.
- (c) Regulations.
§ 300e-6. Administration of assistance programs.
- (a) Recordkeeping; audit and examination.
- (b) Report upon expiration of period.
- (c) Repealed.
- (d) Other entities considered health maintenance organizations.
§ 300e-7. General provisions relating to loan guarantees and loans.
- (a) Conditions.
- (b) Application requirements.
- (c) Sale of loans.
- (d) Loan guarantee fund.
- (e) Loan fund.
- (f) Actions to protect interest of United States in event of default.
§ 300e-8. Authorization of appropriations.
§ 300e-9. Employees' health benefits plans.
- (a) Regulations; membership option.
- (b) Nondiscriminatory contributions for services; payroll deductions; effect on costs.
- (c) ''Qualified health maintenance organization'' defined.
- (d) Civil penalty; notice and presentation of views; review.
- (e) ''Employer'' defined.
- (f) Termination of payment for failure to comply.
§ 300e-10. Restrictive State laws and practices.
- (a) Entities operating as health maintenance organizations.
- (b) Advertising.
- (c) Digest of State laws, regulations, and practices; legal consultative assistance.
§ 300e-11. Continued regulation of health maintenance organizations.
- (a) Determination of deficiency.
- (b) Action by Secretary upon determination.
§ 300e-12. Limitation on source of funding for health maintenance organizations.
§ 300e-13. Repealed.
§ 300e-14. Annual report.
§ 300e-14a. Health services for Indians and domestic agricultural migratory and seasonal workers.
§ 300e-15. Repealed.
§ 300e-16. Training and technical assistance.
- (a) National Health Maintenance Organization Intern Program.
- (b) Technical assistance.
- (c) Amounts provided in advance in appropriation acts.
§ 300e-17. Financial disclosure.
- (a) Financial information reported to Secretary.
- (b) ''Party in interest'' defined.
- (c) Information availability.
- (d) Evaluation of transactions.
- (e) Repealed.
- (f) Rates.
- (g) Annual financial statement.
- (h) Penalties.